Northern Ireland Opera is Hiring!
Artistic Administrator (part-time, fixed-term)
Organisation – To help manage (with the General Manager) the day to day affairs of the organisation; to act as the main point of contact between the cast, creative and production teams and the NI Opera Studio (known as the Company) and the NI Opera office for each production or event; to minute all board meetings and team meetings as necessary; to carry out any other administrative tasks as needed.
Company Management – To manage the audition and contracting process for the Company; to work closely with the Company to book accommodation and travel; to distribute production schedules to the Company; to support the Company during their contracted time with NI Opera; to manage the recruitment of a chorus, in conjunction with the General Manager; to perform Front of House duties at performances and events.
Financial Management – To ensure good value for money on travel and accommodation for the Company; to liaise with the NI Opera Bookkeeper for the processing of Company invoices and payments.
- Capable of working with children
- Proven administrative and organisational skills
- A positive telephone and inter-personal manner
- The ability to work with enthusiasm, energy, and attention to detail
- Be able to work well under pressure
- Experience in financial management and Microsoft Office
- A university degree
- Experience in the arts (especially dance, classical music, opera or theatre)
Terms and Conditions
- This is a fixed-term contract for 7 months
- The contract will start in week commencing 22nd October 2018
- The part-time hours will be 17.5 per week and the salary will range from £8-10K depending on experience
To apply please send a detailed CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th October 2018.
Interviews will take place in the Grand Opera House on Monday 15th October 2018.